Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Oktoberfest

"Hey... I'm drunk, you're drunk... everybody's drunk!" - Barry Badrinath, Beerfest

Oktoberfest was fun and stuff. It was cool seeing the tent decorations, the beer maids, and the unreal crowds. I also made a few of my friends go on a walk around the main square on Sunday afternoon so they could at least see something besides the walk from the campsite to the beer halls; I felt kinda bad because I've been before and it's actually a really nice city when it's not drowning in drunk people. That being said, the beer tents themselves were really fun and I'm glad I got to meet up with a bunch of friends from around Europe, both from college and high school.

So strong!
 
The famous Hofbrau tent

"Studying" abroad

Another tent. It's the one with the giant beer on it in the following picture

Look at those crowds
 
Some of my favorite things
 
We stayed in a tent and literally slept on pool floaties. It wasn't too bad really. Except one night I touched a slug on my sleeping bag and that is hands down (no pun intended) the WORST thing that has ever happened to me.
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Oktoberfest! I never went to Munchen for it (of course I was very young), but remember the adult celebrations up Stuttgart way and beer tents in general. I thought the communal atmosphere was much different than the U.S. I have also never had a German beer (except what they import here...not so good) and would love to do that. I also love the glasses!

    Dad

    ReplyDelete